Magic happens, whether intentional or not. You may have heard or read that our thoughts, creates our reality. I have lived this, I know it is true! However, I would expand it a bit, because so many of us have forgotten our magic.
I prefer to think about it this way:
"Our thoughts and our feelings are the magic we use to create our reality."
I ask that you pause for a moment and let this sink in. Where in your life do you see this to be true? Where in your life do you think it is false? If you do think it is false, is it because you see yourself as a victim of others? If so, I invite you to do a perspective shift, which you can hear about in Eric Edmeades' video, called The Hindsight Window.
If that isn't enough to shift your perspective, try this quote from Sigmund Freud:
"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful."
When we were children, we didn't question our magic. We thought our thoughts, we "saw" things happen in our minds eye. We shouted, "Look mom! I am an airplane!" Running around in circles, we saw ourselves as soaring through the sky! Sadly, many moms simply saw a child running around with their arms out. "That's nice honey," she says, barely glancing up.
Why is it, that as adults, we forget that we are magic? We close our eyes, oblivious to the magic we are creating. We think luck came our way, if something good happens; or that "they" are doing "that" to us, if something bad happens. When all along we created our world with our thoughts!
Here is some of the magic:
- If I view the world as unsafe, I will see all the "unsafe" things around; thus the world I walk in is unsafe
- If I view my boss as mean, I will take note of all the instances that uphold my perception, cataloguing the injustice.
- If I see the world as a place of beauty, I will notice beauty in the mundane; expanding my definition of what is beautiful.
- If I believe that all people have good in their hearts, then my interactions with people will be filled with goodness.
Magic happens, day in and day out. We create our reality with our thoughts, with our feelings. It is said that "Your external world is a reflection of your internal world." We have the power to change our world, by changing our thoughts.
To create powerfully positive magic in your world, you need four ingredients:
- A big-picture perspective that everything that happens is supposed to happen: and that everything that happens is ultimately for your good.
- An attitude of gratitude, for everything that comes into your life.
- The ability to forgive others and yourself. We are all human, and we all make mistakes.
- An inclination to see the world through the eyes of a child. Be open to your imagination! Seek to experience the wonder, the joy, the playfulness of being.
Because the words we use fuel our thoughts, I am including one more quote from Freud:
"Words and magic were in the beginning one and the same thing, and even today words retain much of their magical power.”
Food for thought! May you be blessed.