There is a fascinating yet simple YouTube video by Dr. Bruce Lipton, in which he explains how our perceptions of our environment are encoded into our cells. His video, an excerpt from the movie Heal Documentary, explains that I can live in a healthy environment; but if I perceive it to be unhealthy, that perception is embedded into my cellular structure. My cells cannot reach out and touch my environment; they rely on my nervous system to provide an interpretation. And here is the crux of the matter – my cells adjust their biology based on the interpretations my brain and my nervous system send!
Please, do not underestimate the gravity of this statement. This means, in a nutshell, that the way I perceive my environment is directly responsible for the healthy functioning of my cells. My perceptions can be either expansive, making me feel good about my environment; or contractive, making me feel bad about my environment. The choice is mine. One of the biggest gifts God gave humans is free will or choice. Thus, I have the power to change my perceptions.
In the promotional video for the movie, https://www.HealDocumentary.com, Dr. Lipton states very clearly, “I am not a victim of my genes, because I, by my ability to change my environment, and my ability to change my perception of the environment, have the ability to control my genetic activity. I am not a victim of my heredity, I am a master of my genetic activity.” In essence, if I perceive my environment to be safe, then I am sending messages of peace, calm, and tranquility to my cells through my nervous system, improving my cellular health.
The information we choose to take in has a great influence on our perceptions. In these days of Covid-19 isolation, the information provided by Dr. Lipton is very important. Traditional media is filled with stories of Covid-19 deaths; keeping us in a state of anxiety or fear. Social media is filled with conspiracy theories; keeping us in a state of suspicion and fear. The onslaught of Covid-19 information, bringing us fear, anxiety, and suspicion is sending the message to our cells that we are not safe. Our cell biology changes accordingly.
My question for today is:
Do you believe that listening to the news is helping you to build your immunity? Or is the fear engendered by the media hindering your immunity?
So my recommendations for shifting your perspective:
- Do not watch or read the news. Don’t worry, you will still know what is happening, it just may be a bit slower to reach you. The benefits of staying away from the news are multiple, including an increased feeling of peacefulness.
- Stay away from the conspiracy theories. Can you truly say you know what is true and what is not? All will be revealed in due time; for as humanity rises all shadows must be revealed.
- Get into nature and allow its beauty to provide you with healing. Simply being in nature can raise your vibrations. Pause, smell the flowers, breathe deeply in the forest.
- Find time to be grateful for the things that are good in your life. If you think you have nothing to be grateful for; then you can be grateful for the fact that you have a mind that can think; that you woke up today; that you can breathe.
- Focus on what is right in your world; let go of what is wrong in your world.
- Remember that everything that is triggering you is a mirror to help you to go inside of yourself and heal your inner wounds.
These small shifts of perception can add up; creating a space of peace and calm in your life.
What you choose can change your health! Choose you! Choose life! Choose health!
May you be blessed with peace today!